The subclass 482 temporary work visa is the most commonly used visa that enable eligible employer to sponsor overseas worker to work in Australia on temporary basis. The maximum visa validity period is 4 years from the date of visa grant. A 482 visa applicant/holder can bring his/her family in Australia with multiple entry right.
There are two streams available in 482 visa program.
- Standard business sponsor
- Labour agreement
Standard Business Sponsor
Australian and an overseas business can sponsor overseas skilled worker to work in business under the 482 visa program.
There are 3 processing step for 482 visa program namely sponsorship, nomination and visa application.
To sponsor an overseas worker, an employer must first become an approved sponsor and nominate an eligible occupation.
Important Requirement for Sponsor
- Is lawfully operating a business either in Australia or Overseas.
- Australian business meets training requirement.
- Have no adverse information against the business.
- Determine how many subclass 482 worker to be nominated.
- Start up business is also eligible to participate in 482 visa program.
Important Requirement for Nomination
- Employer nominate a genuine position in the business.
- Provide employment terms and conditions that meet certain requirements.
- Pay market salary rate & other terms and condition equivalent to Australian standard.
- The applicant would be paid a base salary of at least the TSMIT (currently $53,900).
- Nominate 482 visa applicant and family members (if any).
- Position must be genuine and not created to accommodate visa applicant.
- Employer required to perform labour market testing to search the potential Australian applicants.
- Employer has the financial capacity to meets the sponsorship obligation.
- Direct employer employee relationship.
- Nominate eligible occupation to fill the position. For occupation list, Please Click Here.
Important Requirement for Visa Application
- Be nominated to work in eligible occupation.
- Have necessary qualification and/or work experience relevant to the nominated occupation.
- If required, satisfy the registration, membership and licensing requirement applicable to Nominated Occupation.
- Visa applicant has genuine intention to perform nominated occupation.
- Have overall band score of 5.0 in IELTS Test with no score below than 4.5 in each of the 4 factor of IELTS. Other English test such as TOFEL iBT, PTE, CAE and OET are also acceptable. In certain circumstances applicant is exempt to provide evidence of English proficiency.
- May need to provide skill assessment of nominated occupation from relevant assessing Authority.
Visa Application Charges
||Fees / charges
|Sponsorship – 482 visa
|Nomination – 482 visa
||Base Application charges
||Additional Applicant – 18 or over
||Additional Applicant under 18
|Temporary Work 475 visa
Standard Processing Time
|Temporary Work (Skilled)
|2 to 3 months