If an applicant is sponsored by employer operating lawfully in Australia for full time job, he/she may be eligible for the ENS/RSMS depending on location of workplace provided that other requirements are met. Skilled worked can be recruited either from overseas or from applicants temporarily residing in Australia. All prospective applicants must first be nominated by their direct employer in Australia. The visa applicant needs to satisfy the age & English language requirement for ENS/RSMS unless exemption applies.
Two permanent visa are available under Employer Nomination scheme.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Regional Skilled Migration Scheme (Subclass 187).
Each of these visas subclass have three visa stream.
- Temporary Residence Transition Stream
- Direct Entry Stream
- Agreement Stream
Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186/187)
These two permanent visas are available to eligible visa applicants who have been nominated by eligible employer. The important distinction between these two visas is the location of the employer business place. Regional Skill Migration Scheme is available to those employers who are operating their business in specified regional areas.
- Operate and actively involved in lawful business in Australia.
- Have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position.
- Offer a skilled position in the applicant’s field that is full-time and ongoing for at least two years.
- Nominate 457 visa holder who has worked at least 2 years with the nominating employer (Applies on Temporary Residence Transition Stream).
- Pay market salary rate and provide employment terms and conditions that meet certain requirements.
- Comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws.
- Have no adverse information against business.
- Nominate an eligible skilled position. For list of ENS (186) occupations. Please Click Here.
- Nominate an eligible skilled position. For list of RSMS (187) occupations. Please Click Here.
- Meet the prescribed training requirement (Applies on Temporary Residence Transition Stream).
- Must have a positive advice from specified Regional Certifying Body (RCB) regarding certain matters relevant to employment. (Applies on Direct Entry Stream).
- Position cannot be filled by Australian citizen or permanent resident under RSMS.
Visa Applicant Eligibility
- Be less than 50 years of age unless exempted.
- Can include eligible family member with his/her visa application.
- Be nominated to work in eligible occupation.
- Have relevant qualification and/or work experience to the nominated position.
- If required, satisfy the registration, membership and licensing requirement applicable to Nominated Occupation.
- Have IELTS score at least 6 in each of the 4 factor (Direct Entry Stream) unless exemption applies.
- Have IELTS score at least 5 in each of the 4 factor (Temporary Entry Stream) unless exception applies.
- Skill assessing authority may have assessed the skill occupation suitable/positive unless exemption applies.
- Applicant have been employed full time at least 3 years in skilled occupation unless exemption applies.
|Nomination Fess under ENS and RSMS)
||Position in a Specified regional area
||Position not in a Specified regional area
|Direct Entry stream
||ENS – $540
|Direct Entry stream
||RSMS – Nil
|Temporary Residence Transition Stream
Visa Application Charges
||Base Application charges
||Additional Applicant – 18 or over
||Additional Applicant under 18
|186 & 187
Standard Processing Time